Saturday, January 15, 2011

easter soon!

So Santa has come and gone. Being my husband is a minister we often get asked if we "do" Santa. The big annoyance Aaron has with Santa is that if a big hairy man is going to get the credit for the presents we've bought it should be him! I just think its weird we spend all year telling our children to not talk to strangers and avoid weird men then Christmas comes around and we say go sit on the oddly dressed mans lap and tell him your deepest desires! So now we are just trying to clean out some of the old toys that are no longer needed due to the fact that the kids are busy breaking the new ones. Excellent opportunity to pass the old broken ones on to more deserving kids, I mean less fortunate kids..... Anyway its over for another year, well actually a little over 11 months. But don't worry the Easter stuffs already in the shops so we can all just start getting stressed over that.

We have just come home from summer school. No Jake didn't fail 1st grade. We have just come back from a week of a missionary conference. Coming from the "Shire" I feel like I know what being a missionary is like. Anyway the kids got to go to a brilliantly run kids program when a missionary comes and speaks to them each day about what they are doing in various parts of the world. On the 3rd day a lady who is running a girls brigade in Tanzania spoke to Jake and timothy's group, Timothy now knows what he wants to do when he grows up. Run a girls brigade group in Tanzania!

Josie has lost her phone. Josie is my sister who has possibly the busiest social life in the known world. It is impossible to reach her on the land line and silly to leave a msg cause she is so technology inept that she can't figure out how to used her voice msg. But Tully her daughter is very good with technology and loves me so Tully if your reading this, (Nana-formerly-known-as-nana-library swears although only 21 months Tully is very advanced and can read and comprehend to a 21 year old level.) tell mummy to go to a mobile phone shop and get a new phone. in fact better if you do it Tully just make sure you get her a good deal!

So what about news years hey. We celebrated in the usual fashion, making it the only night of the year we hit the bed before 12. Tragic. I have so far not managed to achieve any of my restolutions. I even aimed low this year. Like restolution number 4 to go to the toilet once a day by myself. But haven't managed that one yet. Or number 17 to clean and moisturize my face daily, haven't managed to do that. But I'm re-thinking that one anyway cause my eyeliner always looks better the next day. Oh and i know your thinking 17 how many you got? 43, its my favourite number and I get to 39 so easily may as well go to my fav? ( I'm a very average person and am in need a lot of improvement!)

Anyway hope the festive season was good to you.
Thanks for reading, how do you like me so far?

No comments:

Post a Comment