Sunday, July 25, 2010

A horror house

My children make up all sorts of "spooky" stories, but nothing can compare to the horror that has taken place under our very roof this week. Have you seen Aliens. Where the alien rips open the stomach of its host to get out. Well this week I had to deworm my children. That's right, worms were in bedding themselves in the stomach of my children and laying their eggs on their bums! I can not think of anything in any of my childrens horror stories that is as bad as the reality of having worms wriggle through your body and mate in your backside. True horror.

Now if that doesn't make you feel ill, I have also been scratching my scalp incessantly wondering if I have small insects living in my hair. This has been my concern since we had my niece Tully over who, for these hair living mites, has a bountiful jungle of hair. I 'm hoping my 5 fair, sparsely haired children didn't make the cut for these creatures.

So I have watched alot of Hitchcock, read Stephen Kings, but really having a house full of kids can create far more horror then any of these!

Thanks for reading, how do you like me so far?

ps. Aaron has asked me to apologise for misspelling Dolcies name in the last blog. Just goes to prove my point!

5 comments:

  1. Worms terrify me. Just reading about them makes me want to go home and crack open the combantrin...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Eloise,
    I believe one spells 'Dollcie' Dulcie. But I like your way. Does Rosie know your kids have WORMS? If I don't post this properly please let me know.Keep on blogging
    Love Janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes that is horrific, the thought of animals coming out your behind is not appealing at all. I understand Jake's favourite cousin Henry has been treated for them too, which makes me wonder how they are spread????
    As for us, Tully is still scratching but I had her pop, Ivan, who is a professional, check out her head and he says he thoroughly explored the jungle and she did not have the dreaded creatures. I did not want to dismiss his support by suggesting that he may need to wear his glasses and explore in the light and whilst sober.
    I am not sure what all the fuss is about anyway, I am of the belief that after life our physical selves go back to the land and we can become food for others. What we have with these little nits is a chance to give back a bit now sort of like blood donation.
    I guess its just the way we look at it. I once lived on a small active island volcano and lice were among the 3 proteins available there, a treasured resource. Even I got used to the taste of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is some good stuff her Josie, might be time to start your own blog!
    Glad Tully is nit free as diognosed by a drunk, blind man. He is deaf too you know, you sure he heard you right and was looking for the right thing?
    Nath combantrim comes in like little chocolate squares my children think it's a treat!
    Janet, i looked up the spelling of dolcie on a baby name site and DOLCIE was the way i liked best. And it was Rosies Henry that gave mine worms i believe!
    Thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that your life is the complete opposite of mine. I also like you.

    ReplyDelete